What We Believe
We at RFC hold the following truths to be essential to our core values:
Jesus is Lord
- Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the only begotten Son of the Living God
Virgin Birth of Jesus
– Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary
– Man can only be saved through a personal relationship with Jesus
The Bible is the Word of God
- The Bible is infallible, free from error, and is complete from Genesis to Revelation
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and as recorded in the New Testament, we accept it as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to doctrine and conduct.
- Our God is One, but manifested in three persons; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- A gift from God, operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. The new birth is necessary for all men to receive eternal life.
- Baptism in water by immersion is a direct commandment of our Lord and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
Baptism in the Holy Ghost:
- A promise subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
- A definite, yet progressive work of grace starting at the new birth and continuing.
- Provided in the atonement of Christ and is a privilege of every member of the church today.
Resurrection of the Just and the Return of Our Lord:
- He shall return to Earth as King of kings and Lord of lords.
Hell and Eternal Retribution:
- One who physically dies without Christ is eternally lost. (Heb.9:27, Rev.19:20.)